Is Carolina Skin Surgery Center in the network with your insurance?
It is very important to make sure that we are in network with your health insurance. You may do this 3 different ways:
- Call your insurance company via the number on the back of your card.
- Check the list below of insurance plans that we are in network with.
- Call our office and ask to speak with our Billing Specialist. We will be able to collect your insurance information and can call to verify your benefits. If you are scheduled for surgery, our billing specialist will verify your benefits one week before your appointment. If you will owe anything other than your specialist co-pay (which is listed on your card) then we will call you to discuss.
2. Blue Cross Blue Shield – Commercial plans (Non-Medicare) for NC and SC
- Blue Medicare Plans: We are in network with all Blue Medicare Plans! (HMO and PPO)
- In 2015, BCBS created a new plan called Blue Local with Carolinas Healthcare System. The prefixes for this plan start with PVY OR PVX. They have not opened the plan to all providers. This means that we are NOT in the network. Please call your insurance carrier if you have questions about this. *
3. Cigna –including Great West
4. First Health – including Advantra Freedom, Coventry, Mail Handlers, IMG
6. Humana – Commercial Plans are accepted as well as Humana Gold (Medicare Advantage Plan – HMO and PPO).
7. Medcost – Including Principal, Core Source, Assurant Health, Inclusive Health (NCHIRP), UMR, Unicare, American Health Alliance.
- There are many Medcost payers. Please call your insurance carrier to make sure you will be covered.
8. Medicare – This includes Railroad Medicare.
9. Medicare Advantage Plans: We accept some PFFS plans such as Sterling Life, Aetna Medicare (PFFS, PPO and HMO), Today’s Options, and Unicare PFFS. It is important to call your carrier to make sure that we are in the network.
~~Effective February 16th, 2015: We no longer accept Care Improvement Plus. ~~
10. Mega Life
11. PHCS / Multiplan
12. Preferred Care
13. Primary Physician Care
14. Tricare including Champus, ChampVA, For Life, and Prime.
- If you have Tricare Prime you MUST get a referral from your Primary Care Physician before your appointment.
15. United Health Care
- If you have UHC Compass you MUST get a referral from your Primary Care Physician before your appointment.
- Please bring your insurance card with you to every appointment
- Cancellation – Please be so kind as to give 48 hours notice to cancel an appointment.
- You will be asked to pay at the time of service for all unmet deductibles, co-pays, estimated coinsurance and non-covered services.
- Please review our entire Financial Policy for more information.
Please call the office if you have any questions. (704) 295-0000